Wednesday 18 July 2012

Morocco so far...

Sorry haven't had much internet so haven't been blogging like I did in Asia. I'll do a quick summary of my trip so far, but just on wifi on my phone so won't be too long! We started off the trip with one night in marrakech, where we slept on thin matresses on a roof top! My group seemed nice but at that point I was struggling with the heat and hayfever, so wasn't having too much fun! Then we went on to a beach town called essoueuria (excuse me if the spelling is incorrect) for two nights. Here I started to get to know people a lot more and started having more fun. We stayed in a big apartment. It was very windy here! I liked the town though, it seemed very chilled. We attempted kayaking the morning before we left, but it was a bit too windy! Then we went back to marrakech for one night, this time it wasn't quite as hot so I enjoyed it more. I met up with my housemate jess who is volunteering there, was very nice to see a familiar face. Next we went to the cascades - waterfalls! We camped here but at this point I think I was starting to get a bit more used to 'roughing it' so I didn't mind and slept quite well. The waterfalls were beautiful, some people jumped off them but I was a bit of a chicken! Last night we wild camped, as in no tent just us and our sleeping bags! This was in the mountains and we cooked dinner on stoves and then sat around the campfire. We got woken up by a rather loud heard of goats.... Today we drove to a hotel with a swimming pool and I've managed to get a rather comfy looking mattress, not quite a proper bed but its an improvement on sleeping in the wild. Although I didn't actually sleep too badly last night! Looking forward to spending the day by the pool tomorrow. Feeling much happier now I've got to know my group!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to hear your news and great that you have got to know your group now. Glad you have got used to the heat now too. It all sounds like a great adventure. I imagine you are in the desert by now which will be very exciting - very hot by day and cold by night? The weather has been awful here but it seems we are in for a good weekend. Looking forward to another blog update once you are near technology again! Have fun and take care. Love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete