Thursday 8 September 2011

Hoi An > Nha Trang

Had such a nice day yesterday in Hoi An. We definately chose the right place to do a cooking course! It cost us 15 dollars each. First the chef walked us around the local market for about an hour, telling us about all the different types of food. Then we went back to the restaraunt and we made spring rolls, tofu salad, sweet and sour vegetables and eggplant with an onion and tomato sauce. I was particularly proud of my spring rolls and the swans we made out of tomatoes to go with the tofu salad! Then we spent a couple of hours chilling in a garden cafe, with yet another smoothie mmmmm. Next we went to our tailoring appointments. I love my red coat, it fits perfectly, is very warm and I finally have a winter coat with a hood. The boots are a bit tight on the legs but I think they will stretch once I wear them a few times. Michelle is happy with her dress and shoes too.

The food market:

Me in our cooking class:



Our night journey to Nha Trang was fine and there was no loud music this time, which is always a plus! A 12 hour journey now seems pretty short compared to other journeys we've done. We arrived at 6am, found our 4 dollar each a night hotel and had showers. It's 9am now, just waiting for Michelle to finish getting ready and then we'll go for breakfast. Then I think the plan is to go to the beach and possibly check out some mud baths.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to tasting those spring rolls. You sound so relaxed about travelling now. Looking forward to seeing your red riding hood coat and new boots - a bargain for £50 and custom made. Enjoy your last few days. Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete